Cycle North Cheshire (previosly the Weaver and Sandstone Cycle Forum) was established in 2013 by local bike users and Cheshire West and Chester Councillors. Our mission is to encourage cycling in the North Cheshire area, which covers Ellesmere Port to Halton, including Helsby, Frodsham, Kingsley and the surrounding areas
- Improve infrastructure — Push for better cycling infrastructure, including bike lanes and safe road designs.
- Encourage cycling-friendly businesses — Support local businesses to provide goods and services for local and visiting cyclists.
- Raise awareness — Educate the community about the benefits of cycling for health, the environment, and reducing traffic congestion.
How we make a difference
- Campaign for improvements — Plan improvements to local infrastructure and campaign to get them built.
- Review proposals — Assess how proposals in the local area will impact cyclists and provide responses.
- Monitor projects — Gather information and provide feedback about the success of local projects.
- Engage with the public — Organise and attend events that allow us to promote cycling by communicating with local residents.
Cycle North Cheshire meets on the second Tuesday of every odd-numbered month in Helsby or Frodsham. New attendees to the Cycle North Cheshire meetings are most welcome. See the Contact Us page for information on how to get in touch.