A. Town - Specific
The following town/parish strategies are intended to dove-tail together. They are produced by the communities of Helsby and Frodsham. They also link into the wider perspectives, proposals and aspirations set out by the forum in the documents in part B below.
Cycling Strategy for Helsby
Helsby Cycle Strategy (Sept 2017).
Cycling Strategy for Frodsham
A Cycle Strategy for Frodsham. This is the cycle strategy drawn up on 2018 proposed for inclusion in the Frodsham Neighbourhood Plan (see http://frodshamplan.org.uk/ for more details and status of the Frodsham neighbourhood plan). (Published October 2018).
B. Wider Perspectives
Proposals have been drafted to join together the town-specific proposals and incorporate these proposals into a wider area:
North Cheshire/A56 corridor strategy
- Scoping study report of potential cycle routes - with focus on commuting and leisure routes - Published by W&SCF, 2014 (PDF)
- Terms of Reference for a future engineering report (subject to funding) suitable for implementation by highway authority - Published by W&SCF, August 2016 (PDF)
Cycle route to Helsby High School from Frodsham
- Report for proposed cycleway between Frodsham High School and Helsby High School - Published by Cheshire West and Chester, August 2009 (archive PDF copy)
- Castle Park component of a safe cycle way to Helsby High School - September 2014 (PDF) Published by WASCF.
- Report sent to CW&C detailing aspirations for route between Frodsham and Helsby High School; path alongside A56 - September 2014 (PDF) Published by WASCF.
- Report by Sustrans of options for routes from Frodsham to Helsby High School - December 2015 (PDF) Published by Sustrans.
Page updated - 6 October 2018